Welcome to Oakwood!
Oakwood Village Hall
Honoring Our Veterans
Good Old Summertime
Oakwood School District
Oakwood Fire Department
Thanks for Visiting!
Welcome to the Village of Oakwood’s Website! “Serving the community to the best of our ability.”
Scroll down for more information about community events and community alerts as well as the local weather.
TO AVOID AND ORDINANCE VIOLATION ALL PETS MUST HAVE A VILLAGE TAG AND COUNTY TAG. TAGS FOR 2020 ARE DUE IN JANUARY. PLEASE RESPECT THE SAFETY OF OTHERS AS PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RUN AT LARGE AND MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES. NON COMPLIANCE TO ORDINANCE15-6-8-1 WILL RESULT IN A CITATION. NO PETS ARE ALLOWED AT THE OAKWOOD PARK AT ANYTIME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
THE OAKWOOD VILLAGE HALL WILL BE CLOSED MONDAY, JANUARY 20TH
IN OBSERVANCE OF MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY.
Let’s get into the weeds about weed….
Are you curious about the cannabis law changes in Illinois on January 1, 2020?
****IT WILL REMAIN ILLEGAL TO DRIVE HIGH****
Under the new law, Illinois residents over the age of 21 can legally possess:
– 30 grams of cannabis flower
– 5 grams of cannabis concentrate (oil)
– 500 milligrams of THC in cannabis-infused products (edibles)
1. A person may not attempt any task under the influence of cannabis that would constitute malpractice, negligence or professional misconduct.
2. A person may not use in any public place – any place where a person could reasonably be expected to be seen by others. (RESTAURANTS, BARS, MOVIE THEATERS, PARKING LOTS, SIDEWALKS, STREETS, STORES, BASICALLY ANYWHERE WHERE THERE ARE PEOPLE IN A PUBLIC PLACE)
3. A person may not use or possess on a school bus, except in the case of an approved medical marijuana case.
4. A person may not use or possess in a correctional center, school, home daycare.
5. A person may not use or possess in a vehicle, unless it is secured in a sealed, odor-proof, children resistant container that is kept reasonably inaccessible to the driver. (SEALED, ODOR-PROOF, CHILDREN RESISTANT CONTAINER, OUT OF DRIVER’S REACH)
6. A person may not use near anyone who is less than 21 years old.
7. A person may not use anywhere prohibited by Smoke-Free Illinois.
(Out of state residents will have different requirements that will be addressed in a separate post.)
THERE IS NO SOLICITING ALLOWED IN THE VILLAGE OF OAKWOOD. IF YOU HAVE A SOLICITOR IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD PLEASE REPORT TO VILLAGE HALL AT 217-354-4255. AS ALWAYS, IF SOMEONE THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW IS AT YOUR DOOR DO NOT ANSWER WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION. ALL SOLICITORS MUST REGISTER AT THE OAKWOOD VILLAGE HALL AT 106 S. SCOTT ST. AND ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO DOOR TO DOOR IN THE VILLAGE WITHOUT SPECIAL PERMIT FROM THE OAKWOOD VILLAGE PRESIDENT AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
FOR DISCUSSION ON ANY MATTER AT A VILLAGE BOARD MEETING YOU MUST BE PLACED ON THE MEETING AGENDA PRIOR TO THE MEETING. YOU WILL BE GIVEN 3 MINUTES TO SPEAK OR THE TIME ALLOTTED BY THE VILLAGE BOARD. ALL MEETINGS WILL NOW BE RECORDED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
THE VILLAGE OF OAKWOOD WOULD LIKE TO THANK SANTA AND MRS. CLAUS FOR VISITING THE CHILDREN IN AND AROUND OUR AREA. THE VILLAGE WOULD ALSO LIKE TO THANK OBIE’S AND FIRST FARMERS BANK AND TRUST FOR HELPING THE VILLAGE SPONSOR THIS EVENT.
THE VILLAGE OF OAKWOOD WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THE WONDERFUL PARTICIPANTS IN THIS YEARS CHRISTMAS LIGHTING CONTEST. EVERYONES DISPLAY WAS SO GOOD IT WAS HARD FOR OUR JUDGE TO DECIDE. BUT WE FEEL EVERYONE IS A WINNER WHEN YOU PARTICIPATE IN COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES AS IT SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR COMMUNITY.
THE PLACED WINNERS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1ST PLACE- JEFF AND SHANNON FORD
2ND PLACE- JASON TIFFIN FAMILY
3RD PLACE-THE HOSLERS